The primary objective of this project is to help preserving the matepe music culture of Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
This site provides videos and information to enable people from these countries, in the diaspora, and those interested worldwide to build the instrument and learn its repertoire.
By registering on this site you agree to the terms and conditions below. In return, you will receive the license to use all materials for personal learning and teaching of repertoire and instrument making.
All other uses of the materials, in particular for commercial or other purposes that do not directly correspond to the project objective mentioned above, are excluded from this “automatic” license.
A license for further use requires consultation with the authors. It will usually be granted given that it does not contradict the project goals or suggest exploitative intentions. Please get in touch.
By registering on this site, I declare that
- I support the above-mentioned project goal and will not act in ways detrimental to it
- I will only use the materials personally within the scope of the license granted
- I will not reproduce, without permission, any materials from this website beyond what is appropriate as scholarly citations
- I will not try to scrape, download, or bulk-copy content from this site, or use it to train machine learning algorithms
- I will not pass off the music from this site as my own
- in contact with other users, I adhere to the Creative Commons Open Source Code of Conduct
- In case of severe violations, I accept the exclusion from this website and the deletion of my user account